Signal Mountain Farms is committed to Community Supported Agriculture.
CSA, or Community supported Agriculture, is a member subscription program for buying locally-grown produce. Members can receive a full share of produce each week for the 24 week program of the harvest season (May - October) or a half share. Pricing is $798 for the entire 24 week season, that’s an average of $33 a week for the highest quality fruits and vegetables. 2018 CSA half share cost is $450 or 6 monthly installments of $75. The pick-ups for half shares will be every other week. You will note with Farmigo that under half share group A picks up the first week then every other week and group B picks the 2nd week, then every other week.
By joining before the growing season begins, the farm can operate at a lower cost since we will grow only what we need to fill each member's share. All members will need to register online and pay for their share in a single payment, or select the 6-month installment plan.
Our produce is grown on Signal Mountain Farm. We want to ensure the best seasonal produce every week and a nice variety. In the event we have a crop failure or need to add variety to the season, we will partner with other sustainable farms. We make sure that the partner farms are growing consistently with our standards.
5 great benefits of Community Supported Agriculture:
- Education on how your family’s food is produced, where it comes from, what it cost to produce, and who is responsible for producing it.
- Protecting a small business that enhances, rather than degrades our beautiful Tennessee countryside.
- Supporting your Local Economy 95% of food consumed in Chattanooga is shipped in from elsewhere. Those dollars are also on the next truck out of town!
- Eating produce that is not genetically engineered. Creating a niche which enables small farmers to compete in our world of ever increasing agriculture super business.
- Building Community Developing important relationships by weekly access to local, high-quality, produce and eating with the season.
Our produce is grown and harvested on Signal Mountain Farm. We want to ensure the highest quality, most delicious fruits and vegetables every week for our CSA members. Occasionally, if our crop yields fall short of expectations or we just wantto add variety to the season, we partner with other sustainable farms in our region. We make sure that the partner farms are growing consistently with our standards.
Sign up for the 2018 Signal Mountain Farm CSA